Monday, November 5, 2012

the prophet


The Prophet was a series motivated entirely by defiance and my desire to do something unexpected.  I knew I needed to keep it simple, focusing on the individual, the shapes, and movement, the story. It could not be cluttered and messy like some of my other shoots I've done. And it came very clear to me while we were shooting that these were emotional, but very raw, distant, and cold. He had to feel untouchable and to give you this sensation that you want to watch him, but when he looks at you, you almost feel uncomfortable. For once, I would say, I am pleased with how these turned out, for they were exactly as how I pictured them in my head. Cameron, the model, was the perfect fit, while the styling was superbly done by Brittany Winter. 



"The Prophet" for Motive Magazine







No comments:

Post a Comment